I’ve been living with Google Home in my kitchen for a month, and here are my initial thoughts.
- This does get used as a timer quite a lot when cooking
- “Play Stranger Things on the living room TV” doesn’t work. Kinda works for YouTube, but controlling other Chromecasts is pretty poor right now
- When I say “OK Google” my phone and Google Home both give me the answer as the Google Home is tied to Caroline’s phone
- Google Home can play music and I can cast to it, but the living room TV with nice speakers make it so I never actually want to
- Right now, this thing is a really expensive kitchen timer. I think it has good potential, but is an extreme luxury at this point